Monday, June 9, 2008

Swallowtail #2


Swallowtail Number 2 is done! And that is a good thing because I’ve signed up for two more shawl KALs on Ravelry. I’ll be knitting another Evelyn Clark design, the Heartland Lace shawl, and Nancy Bush’s, Ena’s Shawl, found in Scarf Style from Interweave Knits.

This one was done in some Morehouse Farms Merino Lace I had in my stash for several years. I'm not real happy with the yarn. The thickness varied a lot! In places it was as thin as thread. When I finished binding off and pulled the yarn through the last stitch, the yarn broke. I had to undo about 20 stitches of bind off, attach new yarn and bind off again. And then when I pulled the yarn through the last stitch, it broke again!

But it blocked out beautifully and the color is prettier in the shawl than it was in the ball.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a shawl KAL?

Catherine said...

Flo, A KAL is a knit along. We all knit the same pattern together and share our questions and progress. It is fun. I suggest you give it a try!

Anonymous said...

I don't think a shawl would look good on me, but I'd like to knit something quick and not too hard.