Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where have you been and what have you been doing?

OK - It's been quite a while since I've posted. I intended to post, really I did. But...

I have two spring sweaters on the needles: a February Lady Sweater in Classic Elite's Provence and a lovely soft pink pullover in Rowan organic cotton. Both would be perfect for the beautiful weather we are having right now. But, I keep getting distracted by shawls:

Luna Moth Shawl

I purchased Black Water Abbey's organic fingering weight wool in ecru at Stitches West. Several vendors had the Luna Moth Pattern knitted up to show off their yarn. When I saw it knitted up, much prettier than it had appeared in pictures I had seen, I had to make it. It knit up quickly into an elegant shawl and will make a nice gift.

Here is a detail of the lace:













Evelyn Clark's Lace Leaf Shawl


This is a fast pattern I'll make again soon! It's in Misti Alpaca sport weight. Soft, cuddly and warm.


No comments: